Dr. Christopher Hauge
- Harvard College, Bachelor of Arts degree, 1960
- Yale Medical School, M.D. degree, 1964
- University of Oregon Health Science University, internship and general surgery training 1964-1969
- US Army, 1969-1971; one year in Vietnam
- Good Samaritan Hospital and Medical Center, plastic surgery residency, 1971-1973
- Board Certified in General Surgery, February 1972
- Board Certified in Plastic Surgery, April 1975
- Private Practice, 1973-present
SPECIAL INTEREST IN PRACTICE and INTERNATIONAL MISSION TRIPS
- Breast reconstruction following mastectomy
- Microsurgery; organized the development of the Oregon Microsurgical Center at Good Samaritan Hospital, as a training facility in microsurgical techniques developed for advancing skills in microsurgery utilized in re-implantation surgery, microvascular transfer surgery and microsurgery for vas deferens and fallopian tube repair.
- Cleft lip and palate surgery.
- May 1994- Mission trip to Bosnia/Croatia. Performed surgeries on wounded civilians and soldiers, sponsored by Operation USA.
- February 1997 - Part of Rotaplast International Team to treat children with cleft lip and palate defects in Chile.
- February 1998, 1999, and 2000 - Medical Team Leader for Rotaplast International to Chile to teach surgery and treat children with cleft lip and palate deformities.
- 2001-2003 Medical mission trips with Interplast to Piua, Peru; Haiphong, Vietnam (as team leader) and Loja, Ecuador for cleft lip and palate surgeries and burn reconstructions
- 2003-2006 Medical Mission trips to Honduras with Northwest Medical Teams; Qui Nhon and Da Nang, Vietnam with Rotaplast International for cleft lip and palate surgeries and misc. deformities
- 2008 Rancagua, Chile; Northwest Medical Teams, Interplast and Rotaplast, Inc.
- 2009 Dhaka, Bangladesh; Organized by Alliance for Smiles and sponsored by Rotary Clubs from Hong Kong, Oregon and California.
AMA, American Association of Hand Surgery, American Society of Plastic Surgery, Washington Society of Plastic Surgeons, Washington State Medical Association, Yakima County Medical Society.
Past Chairman of the Division of Plastic Surgery at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Portland, Oregon.
Past President of Oregon Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Children, grandchildren, horses, music (banjo picking), bicycling, jogging, and skiing.
3907 Creekside Loop, Suite 130
Yakima, WA 98902